Have your windows 10 lost its ability to connect to the Internet after the Windows 10 V 1903 update? Worry not; in this article, I’m going to solve your issue if your Network icon shows “Unidentified Network,” resulting in Ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration error. It mostly occurs when your Windows 10 Pc fails to get a correct IP from the DHCP server.
Fix Ethernet doesnt have valid ip Configuration
If you face this issue of not connecting to the Internet – “Ethernet does not provide a valid IP configuration” after running the Windows troubleshooter tool. Here are the best and practical solutions that you can try to fix this “ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration issue.
Before we start any further, you should do a quick check via restarting all of your network devices, i.e., Routers, Switches, Modems, etc. and do not forget to restart your PC as well. This might fix any temporary ethernet issues that might be causing this problem.
The very first attempt we will be taking is trying to fix Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration issue with the help of Network Troubleshooter.
Run Network Troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with a built-in troubleshooter for any of the errors that Windows 10 PC might throw at you. What this network troubleshooter does is it automatically fixes some of the common problems on your Windows Operating System. To do so, follow these steps below:
- Go to Settings (by using Windows + X keys and then select Settings option)
- Now head over to Update & Security. (Here you’ll find Troubleshoot option)
- Now, look for the Internet and then click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Now your PC will start a quick scan and will try to solve any Network issues that might be stopping your PC from connecting to the Internet.
- Finally, when the troubleshooting process completes, restart your PC and check if the problem is fixed.
Note – There might be a chance your problem won’t be fixed. If you still face the same issue, try following these steps below.
Reset TCP/IP Configuration
If the Ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration issue persists, run the commands below in the same order. All these commands reset the default TCP/IP configuration that comes with Windows 10, and it also flushes the DNS cache that might be restricting your PC to connect to the Internet.
These below commands should fix the Ethernet does not have a valid IP address issue on your computer.
- First of Go to Start Menu and search for CMD (Command Prompt), then right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- Now run the command as given below one by one in the same order.
RESET TCP/IP CONFIGURATION
Now, you can close cmd, and restart your computer for all the effects to take place, and reset the default IP Configuration on your Windows 10 PC.
Now check if the invalid IP configuration on Ethernet has been fixed or not.
Still, need help? Let’s update the network driver software and check if this helps.
Update Network Adapter to Fix Ethernet doesnt have valid IP
Follow these steps below to update your computer network adapter.
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously, and type in devmgmt.msc, and hit the enter button.
- Now, go to Network Adapter in Device Manager.
- Once there, right-click on Network Driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Now, a pop-up will appear, here, choose Search Automatically for Driver Software, and let your PC download and install the latest Network Driver Software from the Internet.
- Once done, Restart your computer to check for any ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration problem with Network and internet connection.
If Updating your Network Driver didn’t fix the problem, you can try reinstalling the network driver. Follow the mentioned steps to do so.
Reinstall Network Adapter
- Press Windows Key + X key on windows 10 and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Network adapter and select the adapter because of which you are facing the invalid IP configuration issue and click Uninstall.
- If asked for any confirmation, click on OK.
- Restart your PC to remove the old Network Adapter driver.
After restarting your PC, follow Step 1 from Reinstall Network adapter:-
- Click on Action and then choose Scan for any hardware changes.
- This step will automatically install the network adapter on your PC.
This step will try to fix Ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration issue. Moreover, you can also download the latest and updated version of the network adapter from the manufactures website.
Did any of these Ethernet Valid IP configuration solutions help you fix the “Unidentified Network” problem, or Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and Windows 7? Let us know in the comment section below.