The RRB NTPC Exam is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board to recruit eligible candidates for Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) in various units of Indian Railways. The selection process includes four stages and here you will find updated syllabus:
- 1st and 2nd round of Computer based test (CBT) on general awareness, mathematics and general reasoning, for all posts.
- The 3rd stage is a Computer Based Aptitude/ Typing test for some specific categories.
- And the final document verification round for selected candidates.
Syllabus for RRB NTPC Stage 1 & Stage 2 CBT Exam:
A total number of 100 questions will be asked in the Stage I exam of RRB NTPC – 40 from General Awareness and 30 each from Mathematics and General Reasoning. And, a total number of 120 questions will be asked in Stage II of RRB NTPC – 50 from General Awareness and 35 each from Mathematics and General Reasoning and Intelligence. The exam duration is 90 minutes, each question carrying 1 mark and 1/3rd negative marking for wrong answers for both stages.
You can refer to the detailed syllabus for the RRB NTPC stage I and stage II RRB NTPC CBT Exam provided by Testbook.
- Current Events of National and International Importance. Current G.K., Games and Sports
- Art and Culture of India, Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India
- General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE),
- History of India and Freedom Struggle.
- Indian Polity and Governance- constitution and political system, General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India, UN and Other important World Organizations
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World,,
- Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications, Common Abbreviations.
- Transport Systems in India
- Indian Economy
- Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India
- Famous Personalities of India and World
- Flagship Government Programs
- Flora and Fauna of India, etc.
- Number System
- Decimals and Fractions
- LCM, HCF
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time, Work and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Elementary Algebra
- Elementary Statistics.
- Geometry and Trigonometry, etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Similarities and Difference
- Relationships, Analytical Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement- Conclusion, Statement- Courses of Action, Decision Making
- Interpretation of Graphs, etc.
Syllabus for Computer Based Aptitude/ Typing test
Typing Test: Typing skill test is conducted for Senior Clerk Cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Accounts Clerk, Junior Time Keeper, Junior Clerk Cum typist. The typing Skill test is Qualifying in nature. The candidate should type at least 30 WPM in English of 25 WPM in Hindi on a personal computer only, without any editing tools.
Computer Based Aptitude Test: The candidates who applied for post Traffic assistant and station master will have to appear for the Computer Based Aptitude Test. The candidates have shortlisted 8 times the vacancies of the category. The candidates are shortlisted for CBAT on the basis of marks obtained in the 2nd Stage of CBT Exam. The candidates scoring at least 70% of marks in 2nd Stage and 30% of marks in CLAT examination will be considered in the merit list.
Finally, The candidates will be called for document verification based on their performance in the 2nd stage CBT exam. The candidates who miss the Document verification will not be considered for the Merit list. The candidates need to show the original documents like SSC Marksheet, Minimum educational qualification certificate, Category Certificate, etc.